Magic AB - MIDI and Smart Controls in Logic X
Please note: As of May 2019, Magic AB has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase. Unfortunately, we were not able to continue developing and updating Magic AB. As such, we could not, in good faith, continue selling Magic AB and have reached the operational limit of what our support team can provide. If you previously purchased any of Sample Magic's plugins via www.samplemagic.com and would like to download them again please get in touch with us via our contact form here.
How to use Smart Controls and MIDI controllers with Magic AB
1. The channel with Magic AB on it has to be visible on the Arrange page. Do this by selecting the channel and clicking 'CNTRL + T' to create the track on the Arrange page or by selecting 'Create tracks from selected channel strips' from the EDIT menu.
2. Select the channel and click the 'Smart controls' button on the top left to open the Smart Controls edit box. Some controls will already be mapped out.
3. To assign a MIDI controller, select the controller on the smart panel, click on External Assignment, click Learn, wiggle your MIDI hardware controller. Job done. Now you can control Magic AB with your MIDI hardware.
4. To map a specific parameter such as ‘A-B select’ click the ‘info’ button, select a control on the panel, click on the mapping menu and select 'Magic AB'. Finally, select ‘A/B Select’ from the list.
The text changes to show the new function
5. Edit the panel text by clicking on it and entering the text in the box.