1. Drums > The kick drum, Snares and claps, Hi-Hats, Cymbals and percussion, Synthetic percussion, Drum programming, Groove and swing, Programming grids
Walkthroughs: Creating an analogue kick, Layered kicks, Increasing snare width, The gated snare, Creating an analogue snare, Layered clap and snare, Chunkier hi-hats, White noise hi-hats, Humanise your beats, Zap percussion, Click and glitch percussion, Groove templates in Logic, Swing and groove in Ableton, Groove tricks in Reason, Drum programming grids
Pro-tips: Wolfgang Gartner
2. Bass > The bassics, Bass in the mix, Sub bass
Walkthroughs: Sidechaining the bass, Wider bass, Minimal basslines, Tech-House basslines, Progressive basslines, Electro basslines, Fidget basslines, Disco and funky-house basslines
Pro-tips: Way Out West
3. Vocals > What kind of vocal?, The vocal session, Editing the vocals, Vocal production, Automation, Vocal FX
Walkthroughs: Comping from multiple takes, Auto-Tune basics, Melodyne basics, Next steps in Melodyne, Chorus blocks, New harmony lines, The lead vocal, Producing the chorus block, Adlibs, Minimal vocals, Vocoder vox, Sleazy tuned electro vox, Reverse reverb, Phone filter and riser
Pro-tips: The Young Punx
4. The music > Synth anatomy, Classic pianos and stabs, Pads, Fat leads and arps, Soulful Rhodes, Roots and the minor scale, Major vs minor, Inversions, 7th 9ths and beyond, Working with loops, Rex loops, Apple Loops, Creative FX
Walkthroughs: Early 90s house, synth chord stabs - tech and prog style, Mighty lead, Portamento electro lead, Analogue anthem pads, Gated pads, Soulful house chords, Logic Flex, Slice to EXS, Creating a Rex file, Percussion loop edits in Ableton, Re-grooving drum and percussion loops in Ableton, Using Apple Loops, Turn a Wav into an Apple Loop, FX: Alarm wind-up, FX: The bomb, FX: Fizzy sweeps, FX: downshifter pitch drop, FX: White noise crash, FX: crash swell, FX: Elevator / white noise woosh, FX: Minimal verb build, FX: Full mix FX, FX: Dub siren
5. Structure > Structure, Intros and outros, Anatomy: Electro-house, Anatomy: Minimal & tech-house, Anatomy: Vocal-led house.
6. Effects > Insert or bus?, EQ, Compression, Parallel and multi-band compression, Limiter, Noise gate, De-esser, Overdrive, Distortion and clipping, Amp and speaker simulators, Bit-crusher, Tape saturation, Reverb, Echo and delay, Chorus and ensemble, Flanger, Phaser, Pitch shifter, Sub bass enhancers, Exciters, Ring modulation and frequency shifters, Vocoders, Auto-panner, Stereo enhancers, Stereo spread, DSP-effects, Repeaters, Multi-effects
7. Mixing > Before you start, Approaches, Dynamics, EQ, Panning, Space, What goes where?, Frequency diagram, Mix automation, Monitoring, The master bus, Advanced mixing, Note to frequency chart, Mastering, Remixing, Kick-starting the remix: four approaches
Walkthroughs: 32-part mixing walkthrough, from kick drum through to the master - covers EQ, compression, transient shapers, reverbs etc, Mastering the mix, Edits to the master, The pre-drop fade
8. Outro > A word on the money, by Sharooz. Index.
BONUS CONTENT > Unique pin number inside book gives access to private download area featuring 1GB+ hand-picked 'Best of House' samples PLUS audio examples to accompany the walkthroughs in the book PLUS discount code/s for future Sample Magic purchases.