The concept behind Magic AB is simplicity itself – an easy-to-use but powerful utility plugin that allows you to switch between the audio you are working on in your DAW and up to nine reference tracks with the click of a mouse.
With A/B referencing playing an essential part in the production, mixing and mastering process, Magic AB offers an infinitely faster, easier and more accurate method to compare multiple audio streams to those currently available in any DAW or audio editor.
Magic AB sits on your mix bus (or individual channels), allowing instant switching between your current project and the reference material in pristine, transparent quality, regardless of the processes already on the mix bus. If required, plugins can be added post Magic AB to provide a sounding-point for programme material with or without additional processing.
Magic AB is both an indispensible mixing tool and a workflow improver that allows the producer to:
- Perform instant AB references: to compare the track you are working on in your DAW with any commercially produced reference track in a variety of audio formats (mp3, Aiff, Wav etc).
- Like the sound of a reference? No problems – import your chosen reference track/s into Magic AB and then flick between them and your own in-progress track using a single mouse click.
- Hone in on the details: play/cue the reference track from the precise point you want to hear and loop the section you want to focus on – there’s no need for tiresome rewinding and endless internal waveform navigation.
- Compare multiple mixes quickly and simply: create and save your own ‘go-to’ playlists to radically speed up mixing and mastering.
- Balance the relative volume of mixes with extensive, accurate, easy-to-read metering – particularly useful for ciritical mastering sessions. The clear, ergonomically designed GUI with bold waveform display means you’re always comparing like with like.
- Give your ears a chance to recalibrate with manually changeable crossfade times. Flip in an instant, or allow a transitions of up to 2000ms.
All but invisible on processor power, Magic AB's light, refined design means setting it up as a default on your mix bus is a breeze without draining resources.
Working on virtually all DAWs, with a patented-ease of use, Magic AB represents a second-to-none mix and workflow improver for all producers, regardless of genre.
Installer in AU, VST, RTAS and AAX formats. Instruction Manual in pdf format.
VERSION 1.1 - August 2013
1 - Toggle action for A-B button implemented. Users can now click either button to toggle between A and B streams.
2 - In rare instances, PC users were having trouble loading high rate samples. Sample rate conversion between audio files and DAW session now works on both Mac and PC (no more truncated audio files or unable to load messages).
3 - Includes 64-bit AAX version for Pro Tools 11.
4 - Includes 64-bit AU version for Logic X.